Microsoft is now phasing out Skype for Business by July 2021 to give way to an even more robust and feature-packed successor, Microsoft Teams. It is a part of Microsoft 365 suite which is a collection of productivity and collaboration apps, powerful cloud services, and device management along with advanced security features to keep private files safe.
What is Microsoft Teams?
Teams is an online communication and collaboration platform by Microsoft. It is a secured cloud-based workspace that is integrated with Microsoft 365 which allows teams to share, store files, and collaborate via chat, audio calls, and videos calls.
What are the features of Microsoft Teams?
- Online audio and video calls with up to 250 participants.
- Online events with up to 10,000 participants.
- Scheduling and recording of meetings.
- Phone and PSTN calling functionality.
- Chat and file sharing.
- Up to 1 TB + 10 GB per license storage space for file sharing.
- 1 TB personal file storage on OneDrive (unlimited in the 365 E3 plan).
- Web and desktop versions of Office apps.
- Security features like SSO, enforced multi-factor authentication, and encryption at rest and transit.
- 24/7 phone and web support in paid plans.
In addition, Teams integrates with numerous other applications .
Microsoft Teams Pricing
There is no dedicated pricing for Teams alone. Rather, it comes included in a Microsoft 365 plan. Here are the prices of Microsoft 365 for Business plans.
- Basic – $2.50/user/month (billed annually).
- Standard – $10.00/user/month (billed annually).
- Premium – $20/user/month (billed annually).
Microsoft offers Teams for students and teachers for free.
Microsoft has been developing business productivity apps since the 90’s. Thus, it is safe to say that they have mastered the industry. And the quality and usefulness of the apps that they release show that they are experts in this field. Microsoft 365 has a vast collection of solutions that tackle almost every part of a business, and Microsoft Teams is one of them.
You might be interested: